Thursday, April 16, 2015

Lessons in Music

If only Northampton Massachusetts piano lessons are available here in the country, I am positive that it would be one of my top choices for my daughter’s activity this summer. Although piano lessons abound almost anywhere in the world nowadays, whether offered by an institution or on a personalized level, these are not created alike. Suffice it to say, not everything provides high quality and standard training. As a staunch supporter of honing my little lady’s talents, I always choose providers that prioritize excellence to fully maximize the value of time and money invested. 

When my musically-inclined daughter was much younger, she enjoyed classical and piano music during play time; while the same served as her lullabies that provided comfort to attain a good night’s sleep. I can still vividly remember when she hummed her first song, Canon in D by Pachelbel, when she was barely one year old. Since then, I could not help but wish and dream a bright future for her in the music industry, like any normal parent would. 

While growing up, she took an interest in playing the piano and guitar on her own. With no one to teach her at home, she made learning possible through watching tutorials online that taught her the basics. I was amazed at how much knowledge she has absorbed out of sheer interest, patience, and determination. She can even play a piece by just getting a feel of the keyboard without reading notes at all. Given the right education and professional guidance, I trust that she will reach her full potential and excel in this field. 

There are many self-taught artists that relied purely on talent and perseverance to achieve their dreams, but I believe that if one has the capability to afford to take formal lessons from a reputable educator in the industry, it will equip him/her with the proficiency and expertise through tried and tested methods and techniques that will direct the path to becoming a full-fledged artist.