Friday, January 30, 2009

“Smart Girls” Rock!

As a working mom like majority of women today, one of the things that I feel most guilty about is the fact that I’m not spending enough time with my daughter. No matter how I make up for lost time whenever I’m spending extra hours in the office, when I should already be home doing homework with her and watching her go to sleep, I feel the bonding activities that we do on weekends are not enough.

That is why when we do have time to spend together, I make it a point to maximize the quality of the moment with fun activities she like and a hundred hugs and kisses with constant assurance that she means the world to me.

Our typical bonding moment consists of dressing up Barbie dolls, playing with her other toys, reading stories, painting, singing, dancing, going to the mall, watching TV and playing games in the computer. I try to participate in every activity because I consider each one a good opportunity to motivate her to always do her best.

Speaking of motivation, I’m also planning to let her watch Amy Poehler’s newly-launched show, “Smart Girls”, through the Cozmo TV player. The show "celebrates extraordinary individuals who are changing the world by being themselves." What a great concept to feature talented young individuals who are big stars in their own right! I believe this show will inspire kids to discover their own passion and pursue them early, no matter how young they may be.

You can get your own widget here and post it to your blogs or other social networking sites. This is definitely worth sharing, so spread it around and inspire more!



Post?slot_id=31576&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark