Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Rain of Tags and Awards

Have You Ever?

Ria tagged me with this fun meme. It lets you get to know the person who tagged you more, and you get to share something about yourself as well.

1. Have you ever been on TV?
Yes, I believe so. I was a student activist in college and participated in a lot of rallies that were covered on the evening news. I don't believe I'm telegenic, though. ^^

2. Have you ever sung in public?
A couple of times, during parties and videoke stints. Guts! Guts! :P

3. Have you ever dyed your hair blond?
Nah. I wouldn't dare in this lifetime. Lol

4. Have you ever eaten frogs' legs?
Yes, when I was still a kid. Interesting, because it tastes like chicken meat. ( I can almost hear Chestene saying "Ewwwww! Gross!")

5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated?
No. I love receiving all kinds of gifts. For me, it's always the thought that counts.

6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post? Not yet!

7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people?
Whenever I cook, the dish usually feeds around that much. Except when they get a second serving, which usually happens. ;P

8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others?
I can't remember, but maybe when I was still a kid.

9. Have you ever done volunteer work?
When I was in college, I taught orphans and abused children under the care of the Tertiary Capuchin Sisters.

I'd like to know more about you Hailey, Nedekcir and Sheila. :)


The Gift of Friendship

That are tended with great care,
By those who work unselfishly
To make the place more fair.
And, like the garden blossoms,
Friendship’s flower grows more sweet
When watched and tended carefully
By those we know and meet.
And, if the seed of friendship
Is planted deep and true
And watched with understanding,
Friendship’s flower will bloom for you.

Thank you for being one of my good friends in the blogosphere, Cherry. I love this award! :) I'd like to pass this on to all my friends in the blogroll.


The Smile Award
I received this award from TopCat Creations. Thank you for thinking of me! :)

The qualifications to receive this award are:

A. Display a cheerful attitude.
B. Love one another.
C. Make mistakes.
D. Learn from others.
E. Be a positive contributor to the blog world.
F. Love life.
G. Love kids.

The Rules:


1. Please link back!
2. Post the rules
3. Choose 5 people to give it to
4. Recipients must fill the characteristics above
5. Create a post to share this
6. Thank the winners

Sorry if I'll break Rule #3 for this tag. I have to give this award to the one who always makes me smile online. Thanks, you deserve it! :-D


The Lemonade Award


My friends from The Matthias Chronicles, Anything goes, and Everything has a Reason gave me this very refreshing award. Thank you guys!

The rules of this award for recipients:


1.Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3.Be sure to link to your nominees within your post..
4.Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

I would like to serve the same refreshing lemonade to the following bloggers: Shawie, Jade, Ris, Ruby, Sasha, Joan Joyce, Entrepgirl, Liza and Cherry.


I Love your Blog Award


Thank you Ronnie for passing this heart-warming award to my blog. I feel honored to be part of your list! :)

Here are the rules for passing on the award:


1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog

Here are some of the blogs that I love reading:

HRM Business Practices and Notes, The Spitting Vessel, Tales of a Pinay Single Mom, Practical Tips for Young Urban Professionals, Mammadawg, YUPN, Matthias Chronicles and I Love/Hate America.

Super Blogger!


Liza thinks I'm a super blogger! Thanks Liz!

I think all of you deserve this award as well. So please grab the badge and spread the love! :) Have a great Sunday, everyone!