Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Day with My Little Picasso


Here I am, back again after an itchy experience with another masterpiece from my little lady. I don't know if it is just me being biased as her mom and number one fan, but I love the way she draws. There is something about her work that strikes me as 'so Picasso'.

When she was a little younger , I always encouraged her to spend time doing art, read her books, and write her thoughts or stories in her diary. Given other activities to keep her busy and let her creative juices flowing, she spends just enough time for TV (thank heavens I was able to teach her how to survive without it!).

She made this drawing yesterday, and for the first time in months I have seen her make art from start to finish, again. She actually begged me to stay and watch her finish making her new princess.

"Mom, please don't work in the computer. Stay here and watch me, pleasssse!"

I realized that I have not been much around lately to see her work on something. I usually see her artworks either half done or already finished when I get home from the office. It has become a habit for me to check her sketch pads for new creations whenever I can, and I am amazed by the fact that she is becoming more prolific as the days go by.

So I stayed. Never mind if I am still agonizing over my allergy or that I have 300 EntreCards to drop and more than a dozen of emails to read. This moment is far more important than all my petty concerns and tasks combined.

My baby asked me to spend time with her. What could be more important than that?

Sometimes when we get too busy making a living, we tend to forget to spend time with the very people that make our lives worth living. We miss a lot and regret it later after time has passed us by.

It is quite funny that it took an itchy worm to make me stay home that day which eventually led us to spend quality time together. Which reminds me, I finally found a reason to be grateful about that unfortunate event.

*scratch* *scratch* :)


Related Post/s:
Art by My Little Picasso